Powered by Blogger.

2.14.2006

steaming - revisited

I just talked to the dealership - and chalk up my earlier panic to poor communication on his part. He left me a vm saying that the oil pan was cracked, and made it sound like that was why my car overheated.

Well, after we talked, it was clarified that the power steering fan had blown, and there was a problem with the coolant. THAT was what caused it to overheat. The oil pan leak is a separate issue that we found that is bad, but not critical to fix. I asked him if it was ok for me to drive it home and just park it for a couple of weeks, and he said its drivable, but I will need to minimize my driving.

Since I don't actually drive that much to begin with, and am happy to pubtrans it for a few weeks, I will probably just leave it until March, when I'll have the cash to deal with it.

*Phew*

While my car is in the shop, I'm asking him to deal with some other things that I've been meaning to fix, i.e., the washers, the rubber on the side of the tires, etc. Hopefully I can cross those off my goals list soon.

0 comments:

 

About