Powered by Blogger.

1.08.2006

new years (belated) resolutions

I'm having a hard time with New Year's Resolutions because I'm so used to setting quarter-bound goals. Er, so lemme take a stab at it:

  1. Get back in shape - in a healthy manner. Screw those diets and obsessive pledges to work out. I'm happy with the way I look, but I acknowledge that I haven't been altogether healthy this last year. So I'm getting back in shape (i.e., toning up), the healthy way.

    The Goals:
    - Weight: 120 lbs (currently still at 130)
    - Body Fat: 24% (currently around 30%)
    - Size: 4 (currently hovering between 4 and 6)

    Sound familiar? Well, the difference is that these are goals for the YEAR. If I can't lose 10 lbs over the course of the year, then it ain't coming off.

  2. Work out 3x a week. I just joined World Gym, and I'm excited by their classes! I'm planning on working out at least 3 times a week, with a goal of 5 consistently by the end of the year.

    My Quarter Check-Ins:
    - Cardio Classes: start out for 20 mins, and move up in 5 min-increments. Goal for the quarter: 45 mins
    - Weights at least once a week
    - Yoga once a week

    How am I going to stick to this? Karen and Andy both know that I ain't allowed to go out for dinner or wine unless I meet my 3x/week goal.

  3. Cook more often! One key factor to my weight gain and fluctuation has been eating out. All the time. Now that I've moved into the Potrero House, and we're all happy to share groceries, I'm excited to cook, and therefore eat balanced and less fattening meals.

    I've even proposed Tuesdays as House Dinner Nights.

  4. Relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax. Let me tell you a story. After the blood, sweat and tears that I put into the Harvard application (7 essays, 3 recommendations, etc.), I accidentally missed the deadline by 2 hours b/c I misread the instructions.

    I was devastated.

    I'm not sure I cried this hard when Jeremy and I broke up. But as I rushed home to stay up all night to finish Stanford, I realized that NOTHING was worth stressing out this much about. If I had tried to finish my Stanford essay that night, I would have done a crappy job.

    Instead, I decided to defer Stanford to Round 3 because, now, I needed to do the best job I possibly could.

    This is a HUGE step for me - not freaking out. It also showed me that all those months of stress, not sleeping, not working out, etc., could have been easily for nothing. That night, I hung out with Colin, folded my laundry for the first time in 5 weeks (no joke), and chilled.

    Luckily for me, Harvard decided to consider my app for Round 2 anyway. Now its out of my hands. I'm going to finish up NYU and Columbia, kick ass with Stanford, and apply for INSEAD. And get back to life.

  5. Take care of my teeth. I never have time to go to the dentist. Well, this year, I will.

  6. See my friends more often. I love and miss them. I haven't seen anyone in weeks. But I'm making plans - promise.

  7. Continue Decluttering. 'Nuff said.

  8. Cherish my boy, and dump more emotional baggage. I like him, I'm lucky to have him, and I ain't gonna ruin it because of some asshole(s) that I dated 10 years ago.

  9. Get a puppy. I'm just waiting for Brindo's mommy to be preggers again.

  10. Be healthy and happy.
Happy New Year!

0 comments:

 

About