Powered by Blogger.

9.04.2005

training diary, week 4: reset

This week has probably been one of the crappiest weeks - both emotionally and physically - that I've had in a long, long time. Family issues, lack of sleep (13 days and counting!), stress, and some relationship housecleaning led to a not-so dedicated week for training.

Despite the fact that it absolutely sucked, I'm glad that I went through it. Its about time for me to make some of these changes in my life - I have been just floating along for a while. I look forward to reseting my life.

In the meantime, I totally blew off training this week. Not an excuse, I know. But at the same time, my priorities were elsewhere.

*~*~*~*

Training Diary, Week 4
Weight: 130 lbs*
Body Fat: 30%*
Fitness Level: Urg. Improvements from last week hold, but didn't make much progress on that front.

* Estimates - I didn't actually measure anything this week


Me and Carolyn on Sat, 9/4

Workout Record, Sun. 8/28 to Sat. 9/3
  • Sun, 8/28 - Strength Training, 1 hour
  • Tues, 8/30 - Elliptical Trainer, 30 mins
  • Wed, 8/31 - Elliptical Trainer, 30 mins; Strength Training, 30 mins
  • Sat, 9/3 - Elliptical Trainer, 30 mins
*~*~*~*

Beyond simply not training as hard, or hitting my focus, I also didn't really track what I was eating. I don't think I terribly overate (except for Sat night, where we all scarfed down some wings in a drunken frenzy), but I just didn't log every single thing in to my Weight Watchers online.

In some respects, I think I've made peace with myself. Even though I'm not dropping crazy weight, I can see improvements in my muscle tone and overall health. I'm not as panicked about this need to lose weight as I have been for the last 2 months, simply because I know that slowly but surely, its going to come off. Besides, as I've stated before, my goal is not to be a skinny size 0 or 2. I'd be perfectly happy staying a 4 if I'm more muscular and lean.

In regards to food, one of the things that the nutrition counseling has helped me see is that the points are just incidental. Yes, we need to eat a net loss in order to lose weight, but its really about balancing meals, defining good eating patterns, and recognizing that no one is perfect when it comes to food. Would this weight loss be worth it if I couldn't eat something I really liked for the rest of my life?

I'm going to continue to stay on track, just because its keeping me healthy and I feel much better when I work out. And I still have a goal that I need to meet. But I think I'm through beating myself black and blue if I can't do it at the pace that I set. As long as it happens, a couple more weeks won't kill me.

In other news, my acupuncturis left bolts in my ear. I'm supposed to press them when I feel upset. I feel mighty upset that there are bolts in my ears :-)

Resetting my life, resetting my expectations, resetting my goals, and looking forward to getting back on track in Week 5.

0 comments:

 

About