Powered by Blogger.

8.21.2006

a week o' gluttony

I'm not sure that I've eaten out so many times in one week, and good food to boot!

Tuesday, A and I stayed in and got some take-out from R&G Lounge. First time I've (a) enjoyed Chinese take out; (b) didn't end up with food poisoning after eating a seafood dish*; and (c) didn't find it totally greasy! We got the Special Beef - always sketchy sounding, but fantastic here - the Salt and Pepper Scallops, and Mustard with Black Mushrooms. Paired with a bottle of Malbec, it totally satisfied my Chinese food craving without destroying my stomach.

*Yes, people, I am a Chinese person who can't digest Chinese food. That's really why I refer to myself as Taiwanese/KMT instead :-)

On Thurs, A and I had an actual date and decided on The House last minute, thanks to John G.'s glowing recommendation. WOW. Let me say it again: WOW. For such a low-hype restaurant, it completely blew us away. The wine wasn't spectacular - we got a Chauteneuf du Pape - but the food was WOW. We started off with Lobster Tempura in Baby Greens, and then shared the Korean-spiced Rack of Lamb and Grilled Seabass with Garlic Noodles. I mean, every individual thing was amazing, but the way that the entrees complemented their sides was sublime! Each complete plate was meant to go together, and its obvious that the chef gave a great deal of thought and care when dreaming them up.

Dinner was topped by an ORGASMIC Scharfenburger Choco Cake with a side of vanilla-Heath ice cream. It almost put me into a coma. Even A was bowled over... and he doesn't even like chocolate!

On Friday, Carolyn came home at 8:30 pm covered with dirt. "I've been gardening all day," she explained, exhausted. They were doing a project at the safe house she works at to redo the backyard.

Since I hadn't eaten yet, I treated her to a meal at Couleur Cafe. Yeah, the service can be spotty, particularly with one waiter, but there's no question that the food is very yum. I'd been craving the Crepe Chicken, and Caro got the Lamb Sausage Pasta with Angel Hair. We also started with some Warm Brie, which was just fantastic. Amazing what a sprinkle of oregano can do!

Unfortunately, all that eating means I'm up a total of 3.2 lbs from goal... and got a stern lecture from my WW mtg leader. *Sigh* I'm back on the regular plan, but I think that it was worth it!

0 comments:

 

About