Powered by Blogger.

8.14.2006

team wine, stale wine

On Thursday, we had our long overdue PMO wine outing. My team at work cut out scandalously early - 4:30! - and enjoyed some glasses of wine and each other's company at Wine in Embarcadero 2.

There was much to be drinking to. Tom recently transfered to the Product Management group, so we were celebrating; Jeff announced he was leaving next week, so we were saying goodbye. Over plates of cheese, smoked salmon, and bread, we realized that Tom is a nutjob, and I'm a camera whore. Or maybe we already knew that ;-)


The Team Pic: [L-R] Drew, Jeff, Peter, Daisy, Tom, Carol, me


Daisy, Quiggles, Carol


Me and my officemate


Jeff and Peter

Wine was surprisingly crowded, considering its in a mall. And pricey, to boot. But it sure as hell beat our next stop...

... the London Wine Bar! We vetoed it originally because, as Drew said, it looks "dusty". Well, somehow Jeff and Tom thought it'd be a good idea to stop in for a glass. As it turned out, it was not. My review on Yelp says it all:
Considering there was no one there at 6pm on a Thurs night, we knew we were in trouble. Once we sat in an empty booth, one of my companions starting chewing on stale breadsticks.

At that point, we dubbed it "Fred"... our old friend Fred, who wasn't very interesting, fun to be around, a little older, a little less with it. But Fred was generally nice. Until Fred served us a Cote du Rhone that tasted like it'd been open for as long as Fred has. So nasty - it clearly wasn't fresh, and tasted like cough syrup. I couldn't even finish it. I spent all night throwing up afterwards... and no, I wasn't drunk. It was only my 2nd of 2 glasses of wine for the evening.
Yuck.


The breadsticks have been there since LWB opened


Why is Carol smiling? Because she was smart enough to order tea!


Cranky me, guilty Tom

Afterwards, Carol and I headed for the Yelp Elite event at the SFMoMA. Lots of fun - the food provided by Oola and Maverick were yummy, and people are always super nice. I don't think I'm a big fan of modern art though... I just don't get it. Maybe I'm a heathen, but when I see big red balls, I think of Target.

Just as well, since I ended up cutting out early thanks to the disgusting Cote I got at LWB.

0 comments:

 

About