Powered by Blogger.

6.09.2008

diving right back in

Welcome back to my life!

My re-entry to San Francisco, the job hunt, and the beginning of the rest of my life got off to a turbo-charged start. We didn't get back until 4am this morning, and when I finally crawled out of bed at 11, my apartment looked like it had vomited mail, clothes and random puppy stuff. Really, I should have been sleeping until 2pm and then had a leisurely day unpacking. Instead, I dived right back into the pool.

I wanted to start generating some leads on jobs, so this weekend, I applied to some new things on Monster, Hotjobs, and Dice. By this afternoon, I had had 3 calls from recruiters, one phone interview, and another one scheduled. I also had to go back into the old BEA building to meet with a recruiting agency, so I stopped by to visit some folks.

After a 4pm doctor's visit, I grabbed a quick bagel (the only thing I'd eaten was french toast this morning), rushed home, and then headed off to get my butt kicked at the gym. By the time I actually got around to clearing a small square on my kitchen table, I was half dead.

The frenzy continues: a 9am interview tomorrow, a 9am interview Wed, and meeting with the personal trainer on Thurs. Then, furniture shopping on Fri + drinks with the crew. For someone who, only 3 days ago, didn't even know what day of the week it was, this is quite a change of pace.

But I like it. Now that I've embraced my flaws and accepted myself the way I am :-D I can happily say that I just like being busy. Hey, calm and zen is great emotionally and at the end of the day, but I am nothing if not a whirlwind of energy. Oh, and I am going to hire someone to help me decorate. If I do it myself, I'll be stuck on the "slightly pink" or "just a little pinker" for 2 weeks because I'm such a freaking perfectionist.

Now I am going to eat some dog food. Seriously.

0 comments:

 

About