Powered by Blogger.

6.18.2008

****aaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!****

Ok, its a little hard to convey Mary's screams in print (although, unfortunately for everyone around me, I can do it pretty well in person). But HOT DANG! So You Think You Can Dance is back, and I am stoked!

I don't think the dancers this year are nearly as solid as last's, but then, that was my first season, and I was so absolutely impressed with everything I saw. I have to say, I am totally rooting for the hip hop and Latin dancers this time around (plus Kourtni, just because her audition was off the hook). Its not just because those are my dances, but because I feel like they are all a lot more real and passionate than the [way too many] contemporary dancers that they brought on this year. Seriously, all those contemporary guys? They're all the same to me, with the exception of Will.

My favorites: Twitch, Comfort, Kherington, Joshua. I'm on the fence about Katee. She's a great dancer, and I have definitely improved my opinion about her the last two weeks, but she didn't make a great impression on me at the auditions (fans will understand why).

Ugh to Marquis, Gev, and Chris. They all blend. Marquis is going to bring Susie down, who is my underdog favorite. Luckily, Comfort is strong enough that Chris just pales in comparison. And I love her Week 1 thing where she was like, "Nigel, I am wearing bras and beads!" in her southern twang.

Some kick ass routines from the last two weeks: Ooh, definitely both of Josh & Katee's routines, and the Broadway one with Twitch and Kerington (can you tell I LOVE Broadway?). The hip hop one last week was fun; this week's was a little uneven. The disco last week was the bomb! And my favorite of all is Comfort and Chris doing the jive.

Btw, what the f*** was Mary wearing tonight? Stevie thought she looked like she was a streetwalker; I actually think hookers have more style. She looked like a Long Island housewife who just came back from a sale at Strawberry's. Or, for you non-New Yorkers, Peg Bundy with money.

0 comments:

 

About