Powered by Blogger.

2.26.2007

lent

This year, Lent is about not only sacrifice, but commitment. To that end, I've listed both things I've giving up and committing to this year.

Giving Up:
  • Shopping (!!!) - yep, I'm serious. No more buying. Returns and planned exchanges (eg I know what size I need) will be ok, but I need to stop indulging in my gluttony.
  • Red meat
  • More than 2 drinks per sitting. This is the end of binge drinking for me
  • Fried foods
Commiting to:
  • Getting to/maintaining goal, via WW. We're going to start meetings again - yay!
  • Working out 4x a week
So far, I've failed miserably at everything - including not going to Mass on Ash Wednesday, eating meat on Friday, and shopping. But its not because I'm not committed to God, its because its a very hard thing that I'm doing this year!

As Fr. Paul says, "Lent is about going into the desert to find yourself." That is actually quite important enough for me to observe all of my commitments, even if I haven't done a great job for the last week. But tomorrow, March 1st, that ends!

0 comments:

 

About