Powered by Blogger.

8.05.2007

week 1: starting with optimism

Yes, I'm attempting yet again to do the weekly summary of what I did well and didn't do well. It helped a lot last time, so I'm going to use it again as a way to track progress.

So, many changes this week. After feeling overwhelmed for quite some time - regarding my weight and otherwise - I think I've finally gotten myself on an even keel and am ready to tackle my life with grace. I've also set some new goals in regards to my weight and fitness, as I continue to just become more and more self aware.

First and foremost: Not targeting a size 4 anymore. I'll be happy with a size 6, as long as its a healthy, fit 6 and not a flabby, wheeze-climbing-up-the-stairs 6. I'm 31 years old, I don't need to look like I'm 22. I want to aim for something I can comfortably maintain, not be stressed out the rest of my life for just a number. That being said:

Overall Goals:
  • Size 6
  • Lose 5% body fat. First checkpoint will be to get to 25%
  • Weight: Somewhere between 122 and 127 will be good. Weight doesn't matter as much as body fat, since muscle weighs 3 times more than fat
  • Get healthy! That means taking my multivitamin and calcium, consuming enough fiber, and drinking lots of water
  • Stay relaxed and have fun!
Stats, Week 1:
  • Weight: 128.8 lbs
  • Body Fat: 27.8%
  • Gym: Elliptical on Thurs, 20 mins


Accomplishments:
  • Got my life in order! :-)
  • Found and committed to a therapy group for authentic relationships. This is going to be good, I think, for helping finally relate to women, as well as learning about commitment
  • Went to the gym
Week 2 Goals:
  • Get back on Core - going to plan out some menus, eat healthy, go to a meeting
  • Gym:
    • Sunday: Elliptical
    • Tues & Thurs: Weights and some Cardio
    • Saturday: Pilates
I'm finally back in my groove, and hoping that this time, I can make it stick.

0 comments:

 

About