Powered by Blogger.

6.05.2006

phase 2, week 1 or 8: starting over

Starting Core last week was kind of rocky. Even though I carried around my Getting Started Guide, there's a lot of things in there that do not synch up with the actual plan. Sort of made me really annoyed, because I wasted points on things like 1% milk and loin-cut beef. Oh well, week is over - and besides, I was technically on vacation anyway, so I just gave myself a break.

Funnily enough, I feel like I am starting all over again, which I guess was the point of this exercise. I'm printing out menus from WW online, and also taking my Core Allowed Points down week by week so that I can get used to the plan - just like I did when I started Flex all those months ago. Having only 35 points last week when I wasn't used to what food I should eat really made me nervous, and I ended up giving up on it the last few days.

So here's the plan: Rather than start off with 35 FPAs per week, I'm starting with 63. The reasoning: If you are in Maintenance, you get 63 Flex points for Core. I'm obviously still not at goal yet, but I'm losing weight at a faster pace than I anticipated for this phase. I should be clocking in at around 122 - 124 right now, but I'm down to 121.4. So I'll "maintain" while I get used to the plan.

Like what I did with the original Flex plan, I am taking down my FPAs week by week. Every week, I'll go down 7 flexies until I'm at 35. This gives me more room to adjust, ramp up my exercise, and not feel totally dejected and give up. I'm not used to WW blaringly telling me that I'm over points already!


As gvemoment would say, The Plan, Stan:

  • Week 2 (6/4 - 6/10): 63 FPAs
  • Week 3 (6/11 - 6/17): 56 FPAs
  • Week 4 (6/18 - 6/24): 49 FPAs
  • Week 5 (6/25 - 7/1): 42 FPAs
  • Week 6 (7/2 - 7/8): 35 FPAs

If there is anything that I learned from Phase I, its that its better to go a little over plan, rather than try to do it exactly and then give up. I'm hoping that - armed with my new recipes and proper food list - I'll be able to get to plan much sooner than 5 weeks.

Week 1 Stats:

  • Weight: 121.8 lbs
  • Body Fat: 25.4%
[UPDATE: Measurements]
  • Waist: 28"
  • Chest: 30"
  • Hips: 36"
  • Thighs: 20"
  • Body Fat lost to date: 3.36 lbs

Workouts:

  • 5/31 - Cardio Kickbox, 40 mins
  • 6/1 - Crunch Body Sculpting, 40 mins
  • 6/2 - Hardcore Kickbox Circuit, 40 mins
  • 6/4 - Hip Hop Dance, 3 hours

Accomplishments:

  • Started, and commited to, Core Plan
  • Posted bikini pic up (yikes!)
  • Didn't eat emotionally, despite the super-annoyingness of last week
  • Recruited roommate to workout at home 3 days a week
  • Started the Bikini Challenge, joined by juni, mv, blondeez, jackie18, and Greeneyedgrl77. Who else is in?

*~*~*~*
Week 2 Goals:

  • Use less than 63 FPAs this week
  • Put together cookbook and shopping list for Core
  • Go back to WW meeting - I've missed 2 weeks due to work events and "vaca"
  • Workouts:
    - Tues: Upper Body & Abs
    - Wed: Cardio Kickbox
    - Thurs: Dance Class
    - Fri: Spinning
    - Sat: Dance Workshop

Actually, if you think about it, summer is the perfect time to start Core, with all those BBQs and wonderful summer veggies and fruit. So I'm excited... just need to get used to it, and get over the mentality that I'm "on a diet" and "being restricted in what I eat".

0 comments:

 

About